We at St James are committed to sharing the Good News of Jesus both in the UK and abroad. Our Mission Support Group has responsibility for linking with the church and our partners.
Overseas mission. We give financial and prayer support to several overseas missions.
- In Thailand, Jon and Elise Fletcher with Urban Neighbours of Hope (working amongst some of the poorest in Bangkok). Click here to view a short video showing life in Bangkok.
- In Tanzania, at Neema Crafts, Ben and Katy Ray with the Church Mission Society (supporting those with disabilities).
- In Argentina, to Cristina Vargas with Church Mission Society (supporting health work).
- In Bangladesh, through L.A.M.B Hospital (community health work).
- In the Democratic Republic of Congo, supporting Church Mission Society local partner Jean Bosco Tshiswaka and the Kimbilio charity, (providing care for marginalised children and young people).
Local charities. We also support two local charities.
- JAC (Just Around the Corner), an organisation founded and run by former members of St James, which helps vulnerable young people to make wise life choices.
- Yeldall Manor, a local Christian drug rehabilitation centre.
Please click here to view our latest information flyer for details of these missions and charities, and follow the links contained therein to the websites of each organisation.
For Yeldall Manor please click here to go to their website.